Wednesday 20 August 2008

Mama Packs


The Mama Packs are taking over the office!

I think after our September break we need to have a meeting to discuss 'space'. I don't mean an in depth analysis of Mercury and Venus either.

I have been finding myself staring at the lounge area thinking how I could fit cupboards and shelving in there... Is this a normal obsession for work at home parents? To fantasise about taking over the whole house?

Anyway, I'm thinking an office refurb and some serious cupboard purchasing/freecycling is in order. Unless of course all my children decide to join the foreign legion thus leaving me with 4 spare rooms!!

My beloved book shelf containing my personal library has already been relegated to our loft room and a pile of “oh I might need that” has been harvested and placed next to my desk waiting for me to bite the bullet and either freecycle or sell on £bay..... But.... But what if I suddenly need 3 pinards, or my last two Goddess Mums ring slings or heaven forbid I may wake up one morning and decide that I really need the belly casting equipment again!! Oh the pain, the pain...

And someone please tell me why I thought buying a running machine for the office would make us use it? I think my exact words when I put it together were, “Right then, every half hour or so we stop work, jump on here and run for 10 minutes.... think how fit we'll be?”

Or rather think how annoying it will be to have a big lump in the office restricting our space and reminding us what sedatory oafs we are!!

Mind you as you can see it has a dual purpose, what a lovely towel rail it makes!

The box quivering behind it is my "might need this box"... so there you go I have found a reason to keep the running machine!! It hides the might need it box from view so i don't sell anything thus meaning when I wake up one morning and shout "I need a pinard now!!" I can easily run to the office and find a selection of three...



I'm a genius!!!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lmao ... sounds like my 'sewing room' at the moment!

WAHM Ltd said...

oooh I got a comment!!! I am strangley pleased!!!

Helen said...

Definately a normal condition... we ended up moving house to one with a whole extra bedroom and putting all the business stuff and things in the biggest bedroom. DPs friend (who helped DP with the wardrobe and the scarysizedbuthalfprice sofa) now says that DP is totally mad, and told his girlfriend that I must have DP under the thumb. But I think that that rather says that he is under the thumb of his girlfriend as the first thing she did was find me on facebook and tell me all about it. ROFL....